Benefits of an Ambiguity Review:
· Higher quality requirements are made available to the domain experts to read for correctness and completeness.
· Defects are corrected at the earliest point in the software development lifecycle. (defect avoidance instead of defect identification in latter phases of the software development lifecycle).
· The cost of correcting defects is at its lowest point in the software development lifecycle during the requirements phase.
· Timely feedback from the Ambiguity Review reduces issue resolution time.
· All members of the project team can work from one clear set of requirements, thereby reducing the chance of scrap and rework throughout the software development lifecycle.
Benefits of Cause-Effect Graphing:
· Provides 100% functional coverage with the minimum number of test cases.
· Reduces the risk of promoting untested code into production.
· Identifies defects in the requirements during test case design.
· Identifies any exceptions and error conditions not documented in the requirements, so that the requirements can be updated with this information.
· Enables domain expert to verify that the system is being built right when they review the derived test cases.
· Enables testers to validate that the right system is being built when the execute the test cases.
Software Testing Services